High speed additive manufacturing of metallic components plays an important role in Singapore’s industry and has grown substantially in almost all manufacturing sectors, including marine, offshore, oil & gas, aerospace, precision engineering, etc. The needs for superior additive manufacturing technology have increased in keeping up with the demands for a wide variety of performances such as high productivity, high quality, as well as labour and cost savings. This course aims to provide participants with an integrated learning approach to understand the various technologies for high speed additive manufacturing of metallic components. Participants will be trained with skills and knowledge on state-of-the-art high speed additive manufacturing technologies through classroom lectures, hands-on lab training and project-based case studies.
This course is specially designed to train participants in high speed additive manufacturing techniques for fabrication of metallic components and the industrial applications. The targeted participants are operation managers, manufacturing managers/engineers, production planning engineers, materials engineers, mechanical engineers, production engineers, foremen and skilled operators, quality control managers/engineers, materials purchasing engineers, laboratory managers and engineers, as well as all manufacturing industries having forming processes such as precision engineering, aerospace, biomedical, automotive, and electronics sectors.
Participants gain knowledge and skills on high speed additive manufacturing techniques for fabrication of metallic components and the industrial applications.
Contents of this course include:
- Principles of electrical arc, plasma arc, electron beam and laser for precision engineering
- Fundamentals of high speed metallic additive manufacturing techniques, processes and equipment
- Materials and metallurgy for high speed additive manufacturing of metallic components
- Quality assurance and certification of additively manufactured metallic components
- Post-processing of high speed additive manufacturing products and their equipment
- Design for high speed additive manufacturing
- Tool-path planning and generation
- Project-based case studies on high speed additive manufacturing
Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders
Employer-sponsored and self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES)
SME-sponsored local employees (i.e Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders) (ETSS)
Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees (for self-sponsored registrations only).
For corporate training or individual participants, please let us know your preferred date(s) in the Register Interest form below.