This is a two-in-one course designed to provide participants with the tools and knowledge to prepare and shape data for analysis and further create impactful visualisation on the data. It will cover the conceptual data preparation to creating useful data preparation flows and key elements of effective dashboard for exploratory and explanatory analysis.
Participants will work on lab exercises using best-of-breed data preparation and visualisation tools such as Tableau Prep and Tableau Desktop to carry out data analytics work from data preparation to visualisation, seamlessly.
On top of the training component, there will be a one-day consultation session where participants can apply their learnings to use cases at work under the guidance of a trainer.
Upon completion of this course, you will gain a deeper understanding and practical knowledge on the following topics:
- Explain the roles in data analytics and types of analytics
- Understand data, data issues and data quality in data analytics
- Connect to data sources and build data relationships
- Clean, impute and correct anomalies in the collected, structured data to ensure a high standard of quality in data sets to be used in the analysis work.
- Understand and use the industry recommended framework for data visualisation.
- Understand the key elements needed to build an effective storyboard.
- Apply the best practices for dashboard design.
- Apply data analysis skills to either self-sourced or given capstone project
Full Course Fees (with GST)
Singapore Citizens aged 39 & below
Singapore Citizens aged 40 & above
SME sponsored Singapore Citizens
SME sponsored Singapore PR
SkillsFuture Credit Approved.
For corporate training or individual participants, please let us know your preferred date(s) in the Register Interest form below.