This course is one of five modules stackable for the Graduate Diploma in Precision Engineering, specialising in Industrial Automation.
This highly practical module provides participants with the methods for assessing the manufacturing processes so that automation meeting the requirements can be selected for productivity improvements. Techniques of design and simulation will be introduced for a robotics system set-up and programming. Methods of sensing and locating workpieces for part handing will be taught. The participants will be guided through the process of developing and executing practical projects for acquiring the competencies in automation process studies and automation system simulation.
This module is designed for production supervisors, industrial engineering engineers, production engineers, planners, production managers, production control managers, and other professionals involved in production and process management, shop-floor operations management, procurement and materials management from the precision engineering, electronics, aerospace and automotive sectors.
Overview of Automation Design and Simulation
- State-of-the-art tools for automation design and simulation
- Manufacturing automation assessment method
- Quantitative automation assessment by multi-criteria decision making
Automation Design and Robotic Application
- Product and part modeling and inspection
- Robotic manipulation and simulation
- Introduction of robot operation system (ROS)
- Robot operation system for industrial application
Automation and Process Simulation
- Material transfer process simulation for industry
- Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR) for industrial process simulation
Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders
Employer-sponsored and self-sponsored Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES)
SME-sponsored local employees (i.e Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders) (ETSS)
Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit which can be used to offset course fees (for self-sponsored registrations only).
For corporate training or individual participants, please let us know your preferred date(s) in the Register Interest form below.